A Novel Idea

17:12

It is all about A Novel Idea these days, stemmed from a pub brainstorm session trying to come up with a bookish hashtag.
The story: a few weeks ago I entered a competition with Mira Ink who are looking for a freelance resident blogger for their YA audience and others in the book world alike.
I entered the first round, excited to have a chance to write a blog post talking about books, but standing out enough from just a standard book review, not thinking.much else of it - or maybe slightly trying to ignore the thought of getting through to not panic myself!
But I made it through to the top 10 into round 2 - this time to make a book video! The thought of sitting in a room talking to a camera about why I love books and should be picked sounded both terrifying but also bit boring. I wanted to do things abit differently, inject some of the creativity into it. Plus the task is to make it as viral as possible across social media and let's face it, noone is going to want to share a video of me talking. I knew I had to make something that people would want to share simply for itself rather than just because I begged them to. And so after a long think about what books meant to me and why I love them so much, my video took shape and a few books tied in trees later, it is done and out there on the big wide web!
I've managed to get to an amazing over 500 views in the past 4 days, but still with 6 days to go I am not slowing down, I have some truly amazing friends and family who are putting all their efforts into sharing it but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to hopefully get the edge.
Can you tell how much I want this yet?
Check it out for yourself and please share, comment, like or contact me! I'm using the #anovelidea on Twitter along with the MiraInk #blogink one and you can tweet me on @Emzfinn. Let me know what you think, or maybe just what books mean to you?

 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2H-1YAHlY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

0 comments